Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:47 pm by Summerbreez/NurseGoodBody

» DayZbot Application
Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:14 pm by dayzbot

Help Support the Server!

Officially Opening New Positions for Admins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Officially Opening New Positions for Admins

Post by Hospital Chair on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:29 pm

As many of you may have noticed, there has been a shakeup in the admin family. We've lost a few to conflicting ideas and accusations of hacking/abusing admin powers. With that being said, don't get all spongebob "im ready-eady-eady-eady-eady-eady" just yet. A few things have to happen before I consider anyone else to help manage the server.

1. Even though ultimately I have final say on bringing someone on board, all of my active admins MUST approve of you. I value their opinions and we need people who are willing and able to work together with similar philosophies.

2. You must be respectful to other players. Disrespectful attitudes towards members of the community whether justified or not will NOT be tolerated. As a PvP server, we do not try to limit trash talking. A little healthy jabbing everyone now and then is OK, but use some common sense when you see things going too far. If we see you being unnecessarily rude to other players, we will not consider you. If you get easily offended, our circle is definitely not for you. We are far more harsh towards each other than our players, but we have become friends throughout this process.

3. If you want to be an admin, show it. Being helpful to players even before you apply goes a long way. Get to know our community on here and gain their respect even before you gain ours. It really goes a long way when many of our regular players approve of someone.

4. Be patient with ME. I do have a full-time job, wife, 2 Australian shepherds, a Mexican food addiction that is satisfied every friday night and one rather large colonel who called me a "Cheeky fellow." Ok that last part was a lie, but we (admins) all have lives outside of the game, and it isn't a bad idea for you guys to unplug everyone now and then.

5. We must spend time online playing together and getting to know you before we finalize anything. So how do we know when you're going to be online? you might ask. You don't, but that just goes towards the "time on the server" part of the application.

There may be more to this list than what I've mentioned but I'm at that work thing i was talking about so I need to wrap this up.

Hospital Chair
Admin

View user profile http://thehospitalserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Officially Opening New Positions for Admins

Post by smashead86 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:54 pm

To add on to what our venerable leader has said, if you can't take me being a dick to you on here, how can you expect to last on the server? Some of the players are absolutely ruthless. If you're pitching a fit on her, and taking it personal, then I doubt you'd be able to make it when 3 or 4 dickhead players jump on you.

Also, with Chair's approval, please use the following application. I feel it provides more information into you, and your lifestyle.

In game name most commonly used.

Do you Have a MIC?

Teamspeak, Mumble, or other type of chatting software?

Do you speak english, even if as a second language?

Age?

Amount of time you have been active on the server?

With great power, comes great responsibility. How can you handle said responsibility?

What else do you do for fun, other than dayz mod. (IE what other games are you into, or other hobbies such as guns, or guitars)

Have you ever held a position of "authority" online or otherwise? If so what was it?

What makes you a better candidate above all others?

There will be times when you are trying to play, but every one needs help, will you be able to give up playing to deal with other players issues? Think long and hard about this one, because it's not as easy as you think.

Last edited by smashead86 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
smashead86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadshot on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Do I have to re-apply using this format even though I already did once? It's not a problem if I have to just wondering.

Deadshot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BackHand on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 am

Okay, I'm on my pc all day anyways! Good luck to everyone who is trying to become an admin.
BackHand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hospital Chair on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:57 pm

No, you don't need to reapply. From this time forward though, admin apps should follow this format.

Hospital Chair
Admin

View user profile http://thehospitalserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fatboyslim on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm

In game name most commonly used. Fatboyslim

Do you Have a MIC? Yes

Teamspeak, Mumble, or other type of chatting software? I have my own TS server and i have Skype

Do you speak english, even if as a second language? I speak English only

Age? 47

Amount of time you have been active on the server? Less than 2 months

With great power, comes great responsibility. How can you handle said responsibility? Being older I have weathered most of the hard times. I can take It and give It with a smile. Broad shoulders. Cant remember the last time my feelings got hurt.

What else do you do for fun, other than dayz mod. (IE what other games are you into, or other hobbies such as guns, or guitars) I take walks with my wife. I play with my cats a good bit. I read news daily. I like fps games of all sorts but mainly war type. I enjoy cooking and eating.

Have you ever held a position of "authority" online or otherwise? If so what was it? I ran Quiznos Restaurant for 2 years. Did time cards, ordered food, did schedules and help all people in every position that was there. I never dealt out jobs I didn't do or wouldn't do. I am currently owner/admin in a Epoch server.

What makes you a better candidate above all others? I don't think I'm better anything to anybody or anything. I am me and I try to be open minded,honest and to the point. I believe If doling out rules it should be firm and to the point.

There will be times when you are trying to play, but every one needs help, will you be able to give up playing to deal with other players issues? Think long and hard about this one, because it's not as easy as you think. That would not by an Issue for me. Being admin Is a group effort and at times I could find myself being the only admin on the server. I DO NOT mind giving up my game time to help a new player or regular player. I actually like that people could come to me in need and I could hopefully fix their Issue.

Being a older gamer I feel gives me an advantage because I been there done that. Because of my job I am down with all current hip new things that kids are going through. All the new trends.
fatboyslim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smashead86 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:06 am

fatboyslim wrote:In game name most commonly used. Fatboyslim

Do you Have a MIC? Yes

Teamspeak, Mumble, or other type of chatting software? I have my own TS server and i have Skype

Do you speak english, even if as a second language? I speak English only

Age? 47

Amount of time you have been active on the server? Less than 2 months

With great power, comes great responsibility. How can you handle said responsibility? Being older I have weathered most of the hard times. I can take It and give It with a smile. Broad shoulders. Cant remember the last time my feelings got hurt.

What else do you do for fun, other than dayz mod. (IE what other games are you into, or other hobbies such as guns, or guitars) I take walks with my wife. I play with my cats a good bit. I read news daily. I like fps games of all sorts but mainly war type. I enjoy cooking and eating.

Have you ever held a position of "authority" online or otherwise? If so what was it? I ran Quiznos Restaurant for 2 years. Did time cards, ordered food, did schedules and help all people in every position that was there. I never dealt out jobs I didn't do or wouldn't do. I am currently owner/admin in a Epoch server.

What makes you a better candidate above all others? I don't think I'm better anything to anybody or anything. I am me and I try to be open minded,honest and to the point. I believe If doling out rules it should be firm and to the point.

There will be times when you are trying to play, but every one needs help, will you be able to give up playing to deal with other players issues? Think long and hard about this one, because it's not as easy as you think. That would not by an Issue for me. Being admin Is a group effort and at times I could find myself being the only admin on the server. I DO NOT mind giving up my game time to help a new player or regular player. I actually like that people could come to me in need and I could hopefully fix their Issue.

Being a older gamer I feel gives me an advantage because I been there done that. Because of my job I am down with all current hip new things that kids are going through. All the new trends.

Hey man, post this as a new thread under the admin apps for it to be considered. Thanks!
smashead86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knatos on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:10 am

Razz
Knatos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazuya Kujo on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:40 pm

In game name most commonly used.

Do you Have a MIC? Yes

Teamspeak, Mumble, or other type of chatting software? Have Teamspeak

Do you speak english, even if as a second language? Just English

Age? 19

Amount of time you have been active on the server? 1 month

With great power, comes great responsibility. How can you handle said responsibility? Only using power to take care of hackers, and helping anyone that is in need of assistance

What else do you do for fun, other than dayz mod. (IE what other games are you into, or other hobbies such as guns, or guitars) Hobbies is sword collecting, otherwise i mainly play dayz mod

Have you ever held a position of "authority" online or otherwise? If so what was it? I have never held a position of authority yet, could never find a better server than this

What makes you a better candidate above all others? Im a helpful person, i wont use my powers unless i am forced to.

There will be times when you are trying to play, but every one needs help, will you be able to give up playing to deal with other players issues? Think long and hard about this one, because it's not as easy as you think. I will be able to help others, i dont play with any friends so im always alone during gaming, so i can help out any player that is in need of assistance and of course taking care of them hackers

Kazuya Kujo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CheezFace on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Kazuya, you should post this under the Admin Applications category, also since you have TS, (if you didn't already know) the server has a TS that can be reached using the search and searching The Hospital Gaming Community. Good luck Very Happy
CheezFace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerbreez/NurseGoodBody on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:47 pm

In game name most commonly used. NurseGoodBody

Do you Have a MIC? Yes

Teamspeak, Mumble, or other type of chatting software? I use TS and Discord
Do you speak english, even if as a second language? Yes and I can speak some spanish

Age? 48

Amount of time you have been active on the server?
about 4 months

With great power, comes great responsibility. How can you handle said responsibility?

I am very good with being responsible, As I took on many tasks working as a nurse. I can address many situations and handle them in in a mature order.

What else do you do for fun, other than dayz mod. (IE what other games are you into, or other hobbies such as guns, or guitars)

I am retired from nursing So I stay home spend a lot of time with my son he has special needs, I also suffer from Lupus and I feel playing games such as Dayz, Arma3 and Many other games Is my outlet, I also collect lighthouses, that is one of my Hobbies. I enjoy spending time with my family. Oh and I love SHOPPING lol

Have you ever held a position of "authority" online or otherwise? If so what was it? No

What makes you a better candidate above all others?
I am very outgoing and my personality being around or talking to people shows that I get along well with others, I worked in the ER at Henry General So my aspect being around Public Relations I can show every one having a respectful attitude toward others.

There will be times when you are trying to play, but every one needs help, will you be able to give up playing to deal with other players issues? Think long and hard about this one, because it's not as easy as you think.

Yes  Absolutely  I think its very important to commutate with others,  take time to explain and not only talk and teach somone but I can learn as well from that experience, I also know its very important to give respect and to receive respect.  Being I have worked in a public surrounding,  Its great to always help others,   knowing I gave that person and went beyond what was expected of me to help and learn is a great achievement

Also I am always Online
My Steam user name ♥ ✌ Summerbreez ♥ ✌
Summerbreez/NurseGoodBody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top